Program Completion

Line graphic


Student speaking at commencement


Line graphic

Applying to Graduate for Bachelor's & Master's Degrees

You are ready to graduate once you have completed all degree requirements for your program and you have no outstanding financial obligations to the University. Graduation occurs at the end of each semester, depending upon the program schedule, but commencement ceremonies only occur in May of each year.

You must apply to graduate even if you do not plan to attend commencement ceremonies. Students expecting to graduate in a particular semester must apply to graduate via GWeb. For application deadline information, please see Degree and Certificate Application Deadlines.


If your degree has been conferred and you have questions regarding your diploma, please refer to the Registrar's Graduation Services Office.

Line graphic

Applying for Certificates 

Students planning to complete a certificate at the end of the semester for which they are now enrolled must follow the Online Graduation Application Instructions to declare their candidacy. Students must be registered for the semester in which they intend to complete their certificate requirements and must complete all requirements by the last day of final examinations for that semester. For application deadline information, please see Degree and Certificate Application Deadlines. Students completing a certificate are not recognized at the University commencement and are not issued tickets to the ceremony.

Line graphic

Final Transcripts

You may request a copy of your Official Transcript through the Office of the Registrar's website. Official transcripts can be sent via secure PDF, regular mail or FedEx, or for picked-up in person in the Student Services Hub on the Ground Floor of the University Student Center at 800 21st Street, NW, Washington, DC. Please note that your account with the University must not show any outstanding obligations in order to receive an official transcript.

If you are a currently enrolled student, you may also review your unofficial transcript online via GWeb. If you need verification of your graduation before your final transcript and diploma/certificate are available, you may request a certification of completion from the Office of the Registrar.

Please contact [email protected] with any questions you may have.

Line graphic