- Step 2: How to Pay Your Enrollment Deposit
Step 2: How to Pay Your Enrollment Deposit
How to pay your enrollment deposit and hold your seat in the incoming student class.
- Step 3: How to Create Your GW Email
Step 3: How to Create Your GW Email
How to claim your GW student email account and how it is used at GW.
- Step 4: Overview of the Undergraduate Financial Aid Process
Step 4: Overview of the Undergraduate Financial Aid Process
An overview including the application, grants, loans & resources.
- Step 4: Overview of the Graduate Financial Aid Process
Step 4: Overview of the Graduate Financial Aid Process
Overview of financial aid for graduate students, including FAFSA, federal and private loans.
- Step 6: How to Register
Step 6: How to Register
How to register for your classes using the GWeb Information System.
Congratulations on your admission!
- Review Offer: Please log into the application system to review your Offer of Admission and check whether it includes specific circumstances or missing documents. If you have any questions, please contact your program director.
- Accept Offer: After reviewing your Offer of Admission, you can accept your offer of admission using the “Reply to Offer” button that is on your offer of admission page.
- The "Reply to Offer" button is located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You can access this link by logging into the application portal, if you haven't already.
The Step 2 video will show you the steps on how to pay your enrollment deposit.
- Make your deposit payment through the GWeb Information System by logging in with your GWID (provided in your admission letter) & Personal Identification Number (PIN). By default, your PIN is your date of birth in this format: MMDDYY.
- If you are a returning student, you can log into GWeb with your GW Email.
- Select the semester and year you have been admitted and “CPS Admissions” for deposit payment account.
Please wait until we acknowledge receipt of your reply and deposit payment before registering for classes.
- The enrollment deposit will be credited to your student account and applied toward your tuition for the first semester.
- Some admitted students may have their $100 enrollment deposit waived:
- Applicants to Financial Aid whose FAFSA requirement has been satisfied
- Students using military tuition benefits
- GW benefits-eligible employees receiving 100% tuition remission
Note: If your enrollment deposit is waived, please set up your GWeb account by logging into GWeb using your GWID and your Personal Identification Number (PIN). By default, your PIN is your date of birth in this format: MMDDYY.
The Step 3 video will assist you in creating your GW Email.
After accepting your offer of admission, you must create a GW email account. GWMail is the university’s email system for students and alumni.
- Once your GW email account has been set up, all official correspondence from the university will be sent here.
- Please check your GW email regularly, or set up mail forwarding to an account that you check frequently.
- Note: The university is not responsible for you missing out on information sent to your GW email account.
If you are applying for federal student loans, please visit the Financial Aid website for information on application, eligibility factors, deadlines and forms.
Before beginning your application for financial aid, please watch an overview video about the Financial Aid Process. We have two videos, one for undergraduate students and the second for graduate students.
Review your program plan and contact your faculty academic advisor or program director with any questions.
The Step 6 video will show you how to register for classes.
Using the Registration System:
- Register for classes through the GWeb Information System using your GW Email or your GWID & PIN.
- Registration typically opens 2-3 months prior to the beginning of class. We will notify you when registration opens.
- Through GWeb, you can search and register for classes, view grades, print unofficial transcripts, update your personal information and check your student account.
Schedule of Classes:
- Before registering for classes, consult the Schedule of Classes for details on courses.
- The Schedule of Classes provides information on what classes are offered during the upcoming semester, where they are offered, the schedule, a course description and related information you need to complete your registration.
- The Graduate School of Political Management (GSPM)
- College of Professional Studies
- Once you have registered for classes, a Statement of Account will be emailed to your GW email account regarding the payment due date.
- Details about billing and payments are available through GW's Student Services Hub.
Newly-admitted undergraduate, graduate, non-degree, or transfer students at the George Washington University (GW) are required to provide proof of immunization or they will incur a registration hold on their student account.
Students must first be registered for their classes in order to submit their immunization records. Allow 2-3 business days after registering for classes before submitting immunization records.
Students are not required to submit their immunization records in the following circumstances:
- Students who are 26 years of age or older
- Students enrolled online
Visit GW's Colonial Health Center to submit your immunization records, if required, and review requirement details, deadlines and submission instructions.
The GWorld card is the official identification card of the George Washington University. All students are encouraged to get their GWorld Card after enrolling in the university.
It is required to:
- Access many University buildings (ex. Libraries and some facilities);
- Obtain many types of university services, including checking out library materials and requesting a transcript;
- Other uses include services such as parking garages, printing and GW Bookstore purchases.
Students also use it to receive student discounts.
How to Receive Your GWorld Card:
- In-person at the main GWorld Office located in Washington, D.C. or at the GWorld Satellite Office located in Enterprise Hall on GW's Virginia Science & Technology Campus in Ashburn, VA (by appointment only);
- Online students are also eligible to receive a GWorld Card and need to follow these instructions to receive their card.
International students need to be aware the admissions office will start processing your visa request and financial certification paperwork only after you have been accepted and have paid your deposit.
Please visit our International Student Admissions page for more information on how to complete a visa request form, funding sources you can use while you study at GW and information about the documents required to obtain a form I-20 or DS-2019.
We have information and videos available to help you.