Jackie Van Dyke, MPS, CP®
Areas of Expertise
- Legal Writing
- Legal Research
- The Bluebook
- Real Estate
Jackie Van Dyke, CP®, is an Independent-Virtual paralegal, professor, and legal writing coach. She is the owner of The Paralegal Writer™, offering online legal writing courses to help paralegals and students up level their writing skills and reach their certification goals. Jackie has been a paralegal for 29 years and previously worked as the Senior Paralegal for a worldwide nonprofit located in Maryland.
Jackie has served as an Instructional Assistant in the GW College of Professional Studies Program for eight years and will be teaching American Jurisprudence for Fall 2021. She also volunteers as an advisor/mentor to graduate students completing their Independent Study thesis project.
Professor Van Dyke is an active member of NALA – The Paralegal Association. She serves on the Continuing Education Council and the Paralegal Educators/School Relations Committee. In addition to teaching at GW, she teaches a Legal Research course for the University of San Diego School of Law.
- M.P.S. in Paralegal Studies, The George Washington University
- Certificate in General Litigation, University of San Diego
- B.A. in Political Science, California State University San Marcos
Articles published in:
- Facts & Findings, The Paralegal Magazine - NALA
- Paralegals Connect Magazine
- OnPoint, NCAPA’s Publication for the DC Metro Area
- CP®, Certified Paralegal, NALA – The Paralegal Association;
- Presenter at NALA Conference @ Home 2021
- Administrative Law
- Advanced Legal Writing
- American Jurisprudence
- International Law
- Legal Research and Writing