Congratulations to the Paralegal Studies program for a strong GW representation at the 34th Annual IPMA Conference and Expo this fall. Two of our paralegal program faculty won awards and one alumna. Faculty members also gave a presentation.
IPMA Award Winners:
- Tara Kim Eberhart, GW Paralegal Studies Professor of Litigation, President’s Award
- Michelle Hess, GW Paralegal Studies Alumna, On The Spot Award
- Toni Marsh, GW Paralegal Studies Program Director, On The Spot Award
About the Awards:
IPMA, the International Practice Management Association, is a resource of information and education on the management of paralegals and other practice support professionals.
- The President’s Award is given to an individual, law firm, association or other entity that has provided outstanding service to the IPMA, the paralegal profession, or the paralegal management profession.
- On the Spot Award honors individuals who contribute to IPMA at a level above and beyond what is expected. It recognizes those who are quietly working in the background to give more and exceed all expectations.
Toni Marsh, GW’s Paralegal Studies program director and Michelle Hess, GW faculty member and a Paralegal Manager at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP, gave a presentation on “Educating and Developing your Workforce.”
Their presentation outlined the education and training models managers can use to develop their workforce professionals; guided managers in choosing the right option to suit particular objectives; and reviewed the basic principles of good teaching for those who choose to do training and education themselves. They discussed using the principles of great teaching, including high engagement, interactivity, multimedia content and good graphic design to support these models.
Download their presentation on Educating and Developing your Workforce (PPT)