The GW FinTech Boot Camp will meet the financial sector's growing demand for a digitally skilled workforce. The intensive training program, offered through GW’s College of Professional Studies in partnership with Trilogy Education, a 2U, Inc. brand, provides a wide range of working professionals the opportunity to update their skills with hands-on experience working with the latest technologies that are transforming the future of business.
“The finance industry is experiencing rapid digital transformation, driving DC’s finance professionals to learn new technology and data skills to remain relevant,” said Christopher J. Deering, Interim Dean of the GW College of Professional Studies.
“In partnership with Trilogy Education, we are adding fintech to a range of boot camps GW now offers to empower working adults with the latest tech skills local employers across industries are hiring for, including Python, blockchain, and machine learning.”
Students in the GW FinTech Boot Camp will develop a portfolio through applied experience with a wide-range of technology tools relevant to financial services, including:
- Analyzing historical credit card transactions to identify possible fraudulent transactions using SQL.
- Creating predictive models for stock prices with time series analysis using Python.
- Building a decentralized identity system using blockchain technologies.
- Applying machine-learning algorithms to analyze sentiment scores for cryptocurrency news.
- Using Tensor Flow to build deep learning neural networks to predict financial outcomes.
- Developing an AI-driven robo-advisor capable of providing financial services with minimal human intervention.
“Demand for financial technology jobs has been increasing significantly over the last 10 years with the number of jobs growing by a factor of three to about three million jobs,” said Cyrus Homayounpour, the associate dean for marketing and enrollment management for CPS, in an interview with the GW Hatchet.
“At the same time, there have been tremendous advances in big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning and blockchain which are increasingly being used in the financial sector.”
The GW FinTech Boot Camp is the latest in a series of professional tech boot camps that the university offers in partnership with Trilogy Education. Over 700 people have graduated from GW’s boot camps in coding, data analytics, cybersecurity, and UX/UI.
Enrollment is now open with virtual classes to begin on June 16 for the first cohort.
More media coverage: