The GW Board of Trustees invited deans throughout the university to nominate students to attend their February 2020 dinner. It was an opportunity for the board members to interact with and hear from students about their experiences at GW, and an opportunity for students to network with them.
The following seven CPS students attended the GW Board of Trustees Dinner:
- Ximena Balbuena, Bachelor of Professional Studies, Information Technology
- Hanna Houdali, Master of Professional Studies, Political Management
- Josh Kim, Master of Professional Studies, Political Management
- Yinpei “Tiger” Li, Master of Professional Studies, Legislative Affairs
- Jared Shoemaker, Master of Professional Studies, Homeland Security
- Kimberlee Short, Master of Professional Studies, Political Management
- Aaron Young, Bachelor of Professional Studies, Information Technology
Student comments about the event:
“It was an honor to be part of the GW Board of Trustees Dinner. It was a space for substantial conversations and a fantastic opportunity to meet the authorities of our University. I did my best to highlight the value I have seen as an international student of GW and the College of Professional Studies/GSPM,” said Hanna Houdali, master’s degree candidate in political management.
“I wanted to thank you for the invite to attend the board of trustees' dinner last night. I was fortunate enough to sit at the table with the vice-chair Ms. Zane. I was able to say many good things about our program especially in regards to the high caliber of the faculty and the program of instruction. I was also very fortunate to speak with a board member who works for a domestic intelligence and federal law enforcement agency and had a very good conversation about career paths. Again, thanks for the opportunity,” said Jared Shoemaker, a master’s degree candidate in Homeland Security.