Mr. Scott Sklar
- Faculty member, Sustainable Urban Planning Program
- [email protected]
Areas of Expertise
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Efficiency
- Sustainable Infrastructure
- Climate Change
- Environmental Quality
- Energy Risks
Scott Sklar runs a global renewable energy technology optimization firm, The Stella Group, Ltd., for the last 21 years as well as either Chairing or sitting on the Boards of several national clean energy organizations. He has written and coauthored a wide range of books and articles over his 40 year career, and has two buildings off-the-grid in Arlington, Virginia, which he has students tour for his classes.
- Post-hurricane infrastructure reconstruction in the Caribbean Islands: when business-as-usual is risky business, Tuesday, 27 February, 2018, Sklar/Rah
- Resiliency, the Electric Grid & Renewable Energy. Solar Today. (pg. 14), April 2018 by Scott Sklar
- Puerto Rico needs Microgrids and Private Buy-in for Reliable Energy by Scott Sklar — 10/04/17 04:40 PM EDT
- Peer-reviewed paper on zero-energy buildings was published on zero energy buildings in 2013, “Perspective on multi-scale assets for clean energy technologies in buildings” and is available as 'Online First' on Springer
- Co-author of The George Washington University (GW) Community Solar Handbook, October 2017
- His co-authored books: The Forbidden Fuel was re-released in 2010 by University of Nebraska Press for its second printing, and A Consumer Guide to Solar Energy, was re-released for its third printing.
- TEDx Talk: "The Future of Personal Energy Use“ presented by Scott Sklar ... - TEDxTalkstedxtalks.ted.com/video/The-Future-of-Personal-Energy-U Apr 7, 2015 ... The convergence of personal power with personal security, personal transportation, personal communication, and personal networking.
On June 19, 2014, Scott Sklar was awarded the prestigious The Charles Greeley Abbot Award by the American Solar Energy Society (ASES) and on April 26, 2014 was awarded the Green Patriot Award by George Mason University in Virginia.
- PSUS 6224: Sustainable Energy Production & Climate Issues
- PSUS 6227: Critical Infrastructure for Cities and Regions
- PSUS 6235: Renewable Energy & Critical Infrastructure