The newly formed Cybersecurity Strategy and Information Management Program (CSIM) Advisory Board met for the first time in August 2022. The Board identified opportunities for future growth and discussed current and emerging cybersecurity challenges, gaps in the cybersecurity workforce and the rapid expansion of disruptive technologies.
The CSIM Advisory Board members are senior-level professionals who have extensive leadership experience with cybersecurity, technology management and national security. The eight board members will serve two-year, renewable terms.
CSIM Program Director
GW Affiliation Line 2
"It is such a great privilege to have an Advisory Board full of individuals with such an impressive breadth of knowledge and professional experience. I am really excited about the contribution that the Board has and will bring to the CSIM program and as a result, the CPS community at large."
“It is such a great privilege to have an Advisory Board full of individuals with such an impressive breadth of knowledge and professional experience. I am really excited about the contribution that the Board has and will bring to the CSIM program and as a result, the CPS community at large,” commented Connie Uthoff, CSIM program director and assistant professor.
Cybersecurity is a rapidly evolving industry. The Advisory Board was constructed to help identify and recommend areas for the future growth of the CSIM program, to explore cybersecurity challenges facing agencies and organizations and to offer insights regarding the cybersecurity workforce.
Additionally, given advances in technology, the expansion of artificial intelligence, machine learning, the interconnectivity of smart devices, the emergence of quantum computing and other Fourth Industrial Revolution innovations, Advisory Board members may be asked to share their perspectives on disruptive technologies and their potential impact on cybersecurity, the CSIM program and the future.
The CSIM Advisory Board Members (2022-2024)
- Former Rear Admiral Danelle Barrett
- Mr. John Felker, President Morse Alpha Associates, Inc.
- Mr. David Pendall, Executive Advisor MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Mr. Sean Plankey, Chief Architect for Critical Infrastructure, BedRock Systems.
- Dr. Paul de Souza, Founder of the Cyber Security Forum Initiative (CSFI)
- Ms. Cynthia Strand, Global Intelligence Strategy Lead at Primer.ai
- Mr. Thomas VanNorman, CISSP, GISC, Sr. VP at GRIMM (SMFS, Inc.)
- Mr. Jeff Jones, Honored Guest Contributor, CyPhy Engineer at GRIMM