GW is hosting its inaugural Digital Health Summit focused on the rapid acceleration of digital technologies in healthcare and the implications for healthcare and academic environments alike.
Taking place virtually on the afternoons of April 14-16, 2021, presentations and discussions will focus on the state of the science, innovation and development with digital health technologies and the gaps and opportunities that exist.
- Day 1: What can Academic Institutions learn from Practice Institutions?
Focuses on the educational needs (competencies) based on current healthcare and consumer use of different technologies assisting in health promotion and in providing safe, quality patient care.
- Day 2: Translating Innovation from the Corporate Sector to Healthcare
Focuses on the emerging technologies in areas outside of healthcare that may have implications to disrupt our current healthcare delivery models.
- Day 3: Using Digital Health For Evidence-Based Practice and Research
Focuses on the use of technologies in research and evidence-based care promoting health and well-being by health professions in education, practice, and research.
- Karen DeSalvo, Chief Health Officer, Google Health
- Heather Cox, Chief Digital Health and Analytics Officer, Humana
- Michael O’Neil, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, GetWellNetwork
Hosted by the following GW Affiliates:
- GW School of Nursing
- GW School of Engineering & Applied Science
- GW School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Milken Institute School of Public Health
- Office of the Vice President for Research
- Medical Faculty Associates
Visit the Digital Health Summit website for more information & event registration.
The website includes the full event schedule, speaker lineup and their bios. The event is free for GW affiliates. If you are a GW affiliate, contact us by e-mail to request the discount code.