Dr. Sandra Whitehead
Areas of Expertise
- Health and the Built Environment
- Health in All Policies
- Health Impact Assessment
Sandra is the Interim Program Director for the Sustainable Urban Planning Program, effective July 1, 2019. Prior to joining GW full-time, she worked as the Director of Partnership Development at the National Environmental Health Association where she created tools and trainings for environmental health professionals.
Dr. Whitehead also worked at the National Association of County and City Health Officials and the Florida Department of Health. While working at the Florida Department of Health she provided capacity building assistance to the 67 local health departments.
Sandra has been teaching for GW since 2015. She teaches PSUS 6204: Land Use Law and PSUS 6230: Studio in Sustainable Urban Planning. She has also taught at the University of Florida and Florida State University.
- M.P.A. Public Administration, Florida State University
- Ph.D., Public Administration, Florida State University
- PSUS 6204: Land Use Law;
- PSUS 6230: Studio in Sustainable Urban Planning; and
- PSUS 6325: Urban Health Impact Assessment.