Ciarra Toomey, J.D.
Professor Toomey is a trial attorney in the Marketing, Regulatory and Food Safety Programs Division of the Office of the General Counsel, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Her practice focuses on international law matters, administrative litigation, and defensive federal litigation in both federal district court and in the federal courts of appeal on behalf of a wide range of federal agencies, including the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services and the Food Safety Inspection Services.
Prior to her service with the department, she was a legal trainee at Lovells, Intellectual Property Department in Hong Kong, China; a legal extern with the New York State Office of the Attorney General; and a legal intern with Abraham, Lerner and Arnold, LLP, in New York City.
She is fluent in Spanish.
- J.D., cum laude, Syracuse University College of Law
- M.A., International Relations, Syracuse University - Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- B.A., cum laude in Philosophy, Politics and Law with a minor in International Relations, State University of New York at Binghamton
Additional Education - International
- Kings College, Department of War Studies, London, England
- Maastricht University, Institute for European Studies of Macau, Intellectual Property Law School, Macau, China
- Syracuse University in Strasbourg, Human Rights and Conflict Resolution in Europe, Strasbourg, France
- International Law