Mr. Andrew Bernish
Areas of Expertise
- Data Visualization
- Planning Theory
- Planning History
- Planning Technology
Andrew Bernish is a GIS Planning Analyst for KFH Group working with the Maryland State Department of Transportation (MDOT) Planning Secretary’s office. He is an ESRI-award winning cartographer and has diverse professional experience within the public, private, academic and international sectors. He served in the US Peace Corps as a Community Resource and Education Volunteer in South Africa.
Andrew teaches PSUS 6201, Principles of Sustainable Urban Planning and PSUS 6235 – Advanced GIS and Data Visualization.
Andrew represents the GW Sustainable Urban Planning program on the National Capital Chapter of the American Planning Association Executive Board as the faculty appointment. He also is the chair of the Educational Caucus for the Maryland State Geographic Information Committee and serves on the Executive Board of the Maryland Chapter of the American Planning Association.
- MCP, University of Maryland College Park
- Bachelor of Arts, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- AICP, GISP
- 2022: ESRI Map Book Inclusion – Commuting Times for Maryland Counties (3D)
- 2020: ESRI Cartography Award – Recipient of first annual ArcGIS for Adobe Creative Cloud map award
- 2019: ESRI Special Achievement in GIS (SAG) Award Recipient
- 2012: Outstanding MCP Award, University of Maryland – Recipient of Annual Master’s of Community Planning Award by faculty for “remarkable academic and leadership skills”
- PSUS 6201: Principles of Sustainable Urban and Regional Planning
- PSUS 6235: Advanced GIS & Data Visualization