Ms. Negin Askarzadeh
- Faculty Member, Sustainable Urban Planning Program
- [email protected]
Areas of Expertise
- Transportation Planning
- Geospatial Analysis
- Geospatial Design
- Data Analysis
Negin Askarzadeh (M.P.S., George Washington University, AICP/LEED GA) is a Transportation Planner at Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT). As a team member of the Capital Projects Section at FCDOT, she is responsible for coordinating and managing complex multi-modal transportation projects.
She is a George Washington University alumna and holds a master’s degree in Sustainable Urban Planning. In her past work experience, Negin works for District Department of Transportation (DDOT) as a Curbside Management Analyst.
She is a certified planner with the American Planning Association and is a certified LEED Green Associate.
- M.P.S., George Washington University, Sustainable Urban Planning
- B.E., Azad University of Mashhad, Iran, Urban Planning Engineering
- LEED Green Associate
- Perez, B., Askarzadeh, N., Ma, Y., Wang, M., Liang, X. (2016). Towards a More Meterless Parking System: Understanding Meter Payment Behavior and Trends in Washington, DC. Paper presented at the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
- Rogers, J., Askarzadeh, N., Dey, S., Retting, R., Liang, X. (2016). Using Automated Enforcement Data To Achieve Vision Zero Goals: A Case Study. Paper presented at the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
- PSUS 6235: Planning Technology
- PSUS 6220: Resilient Low-Carbon Cities (co-teaches)