Ms. Negin Askarzadeh
- Faculty Member, Sustainable Urban Planning Program
- [email protected]
Areas of Expertise
- Transportation Planning
- Geospatial Analysis
- Geospatial Design
- Data Analysis
Negin Askarzadeh is a member of the faculty in George Washington University’s Sustainable Urban Planning Department where she co-teaches the Research Methods and Resilient Low-Carbon Cities. Negin also works as a Transportation Planner at Fairfax County Department of Transportation. As a team member of the Capital Projects Section, she is responsible for coordinating and managing multi-modal transportation projects. She also helps the department with GIS map production, web-based map updates, and database management.
She is a George Washington University alumna and holds a master’s degree in Sustainable Urban Planning. In her past work experience, Negin works for District Department of Transportation as a Curbside Management Analyst and GIS Analyst.
She held a position as an adjunct faculty teaching GIS to graduate students at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and is LEED certified.
- M.P.S., George Washington University, Sustainable Urban Planning
- B.E., Azad University of Mashhad, Iran
- LEED Green Associate
- Perez, B., Askarzadeh, N., Ma, Y., Wang, M., Liang, X. (2016). Towards a More Meterless Parking System: Understanding Meter Payment Behavior and Trends in Washington, DC. Paper presented at the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
- Rogers, J., Askarzadeh, N., Dey, S., Retting, R., Liang, X. (2016). Using Automated Enforcement Data To Achieve Vision Zero Goals: A Case Study. Paper presented at the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
- Co-teaches PSUS 6203 – Research Methods
- Co-teaches PSUS 6220 – Resilient Low-Carbon Cities