Kathleen Ann DeBoer
Areas of Expertise
- Marketing, Sales, and Promotion
- Proofreading, copyediting, editing
- Product development: Print, electronic, screenplays
- Teaching: Academic Writing, ESL Spoken English, Business and Economics
- China, France
Kathleen DeBoer worked in publishing for forty years. She began in a bookstore, worked at Harvard Business School Library while an undergraduate, and joined Oxford University Press as the New England Trade Sales Representative in 1980.
She later worked in various marketing and product development/ editorial positions for Harcourt, Coleco, Grolier, Yankee Books, and Workman Publishing before accepting a college teaching position in China, where she also copyedited an academic journal, developed higher ed teaching materials and acted in a movie.
From 2005-2016 she was Sales and Marketing Director for the OECD Washington Center, marketing books and online subscriptions to university, government, and private libraries and economists. She lives in Tucson Arizona where she writes books and screenplays.
- Harvard University, Bachelor of Arts in Economics /Minor Romance Languages and Literature
- CUNY Certificate in Publishing Procedures
- Man at Third (Screenplay), 2018
- Last Summer with Sal: A Road Trip to Remember (2017)
- Agnes Smedley’s China (Screenplay 2001)
- Teachers’ Guide to Brain Quest, 1992 edition
- American Software Library, 1985 (coauthor)
- New Book of Knowledge Software 1985 and workbooks 1987 (co-author)
- President, Washington Book Publishers 2014-2015
- Vice President, Washington Book Publishers 2013-2014
- Board of Governors, National Economists Club 2012-2014
- National Association of Business Economists: Speaker selection group 2013
- St. Andrews Episcopal Church, Bishop’s Committee 2018
- Sales, Marketing, Strategy, and Positioning