Anthony A. Barone
Areas of Expertise
- Private Security
- Close Protection
- Protective Medicine
- Disaster Medicine
- Risk Management
- Business Continuity
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Public Safety
- Public Health
Mr. Anthony A. Barone, M.P.S., M.P.H., CBCP, CEM, CHMM, NRP, PMP, has been protecting people, populations, and organizations for over 20 years. He has provided specialized, technical, and subject matter expertise across multiple domains and sectors with an emphasis on security, protection, and medicine. Mr. Barone has deployed with specialized medical teams and private clients to natural disasters, disease outbreaks and pandemics, as well as national special security events.
In 2015 Mr. Barone founded EMERGILITY, LLC (DBA EMERGILITY), a consultancy focused on the health, safety, and security of public and private clients. In 2019, Mr. Barone envisioned and executed the expansion of EMERGILITY into a licensed Private Security Service (PSS) Business, and by 2020 he added a private Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Agency. With the aim of securing and protecting personal, private, and public clients and patients, he then merged the PSS Business and EMS Agency to create a specialized discipline called PSS-EMS. In 2021, Mr. Barone successfully combined aspects of concierge, preventative, and emergency medicine with security, protection, and emergency medical services to facilitate the emergence of a specialty medical practice coined Protective Medicine (more). He further expanded the consultancy, PSS-EMS Agency, and Protective Medicine practice by adding multidisciplinary training and educational services.
Currently, Mr. Barone is leading the development and expansion of EMERGILITY as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & Protective Paramedic. In addition to this endeavor, Mr. Barone serves as an intermittent federal responder with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR); Faculty and Adjunct Professor of Homeland Security (Infrastructure Security & Protection) at the George Washington University (GW) College of Professional Studies (CPS); and defense contractor supporting the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), CBRNe Protection Division (CPD). Mr. Barone is a member of InfraGard and the RadResponder Network, a professional first-responder, and Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) volunteer.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Zoology, Miami University (Oxford, OH);
- Graduate Certificate in Disaster Management, and Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) in Toxicology & Risk Assessment, College of Public Health, University of South Florida (Tampa, FL);
- Master of Professional Studies (M.P.S.) in Security and Safety Leadership (now Homeland Security), College of Professional Studies, George Washington University (Washington, D.C.).
Registrations & Certifications
Mr. Barone maintains numerous professional registrations and certifications:
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP);
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM®);
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM);
- Firefighter NFPA I/II (Pro-Board certified);
- Nationally Registered Paramedic (NRP);
- Registered Private Investigator (PI);
- Registered Personal Protection Specialist (PPS); and
- Project Management Professional (PMP).