- Faculty Member, Police & Security Studies Program
- [email protected]
Areas of Expertise
- Police & Security Leadership
- Police Training
Andy Solberg retired from the DC Metropolitan Police Department in March of 2015 after a 28-year career, eight of which were spent as Commander, including commanding two police districts, serving as Field Commander, and as Director of Training of the MPD’s Police Academy.
He now serves as the Director of Security at the Washington National Cathedral, which also oversees Beauvoir Elementary School, St. Albans School and the National Cathedral School.
He has been teaching for GW in the Police and Security Studies Program since 2011.
- B.A. degree in Religion, Haverford College
- M.A. degree in Philosophy and Social Policy, American University
- CPS 2107: Models of Policing